Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When Life is Hard... God is Good.

It has been way too long since I have last posted. Many thanks to my roommate for reminding me that I even have a blog. :)

Part of the reason for my lack of posting is lack of things to share. Or perhaps just lack of good things to share. Because life is hard sometimes. But God is always good. I am going through a Beth Moore Bible Study right now and every page speaks right to my soul. I thought some of this was just too good not to share.

"Do you ever feel too weary, worn, and beaten up by life to believe God can do anything wonderful and miraculous with you? Can you stack up all sorts of rational reasons why you feel you are past God's being able to use you? Many times when He told me through His Word and prayer to believe Him for something very specific, over time the outlook on the matter dwindled from good to slim to utterly impossible before He brought it to pass.

Beloved, is anything "too hard" for you right now? If so, you have the perfect setting for a miracle. Wonders come all sorts of ways, sometimes in the greater miracle that results when we don't get what we were so convinced we wanted and end up with something far more glorious.

In Revelation 3:20 Christ says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." Set the table, Beloved, and greatly anticipate the One who can serve a miracle for dessert.

'Is anything too hard for the Lord?' "

~Beth Moore in The Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment