Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On God-Dwelling in Us

"In the temple of God that I had just become, the once eternal and pure sacrifice was offered up to the God dwelling in me. The sacrifice of God to God. Now, Christ born in me, a new Bethlehem, and sacrificed in me his new Calvary, and risen in me: offering me to the Father, in himself, asking the Father, my Father and his, to receive me into his infinite and special love--not the love he has for all things that exist, for mere existence is a token of God's love, but the love of those creatures who are drawn to him in and with the power of his own love for himself."

~Thomas Merton (quoted in Grand Weaver, Ravi Zacharias, pg 142).

I have to keep reading this over and over and over... it is so deep, but incredibly profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment