Friday, September 4, 2009

Turning Hearts (Malachi 4:6)

One of the many commitments that have kept me busy this summer has been The National Bible Bee. Started by the Shelby Kennedy Foundation, the Bible Bee is designed to instill the Word of God in the hearts and minds of children across the country. In it's very first year, over 17,000 students enrolled!

The amount of Scripture these students are learning is phenomenal. Young people hiding thousands of Scripture verses in their hearts. Knowing that "the Word of God will not return void," I am excited to see how God will use such a program to bring revival to our hearts and renewal to our land.

As I cannot be a competitor in this wonderful program, I am working as the Logistics Coordinator for the contest in Wichita. Needless to say, there are many details to take care of for a competition like this. I have been busy gathering supplies, making lists, helping train volunteers, compiling lists, holding meetings, writing lists, planning snacks and food, assigning rooms... and did I mention lists? :) It has been a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I enjoy organization immensely, so this has been an enjoyable, though challenging, project for me. Thankfully, our "Local Planning Committee" consists of several well qualified ladies who have taken their respective responsibilities and run with them quite well. We (my mom and I) are very thankful to have them on our team.

The Local Contests take place all across the country next Saturday, September 12th. Please pray for these competitions. 1) That God will use them mightily to work in our nation. 2) That all the little details will fall into place without overwhelming those of us who are responsible for them. 3) That any plans of the enemy will prove fruitless as we do what he fears most... declaring the Word of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment