Friday, January 8, 2010

Inspiration

Why is it that inspiration never comes when you most desire it? It is not to be had for the asking. Instead, it's bursts often seem few and far between. But when it does come, it is a glorious thing.

My inspiration (in the sense of writing that comes naturally and powerfully) tends to come from one of two places: reading God's Word or reading books inspired by God's Word. Hm... does that mean I'm inspired by inspiration? Perhaps so! I can only write powerful, moving things when God has used His inspired Word or the powerful writings of others to speak truth to me.

Well, I have not been greatly inspired in my writings lately. But here is something I wrote during Christmas 2008 that flowed from the truth of God's great plan for mankind and the writings of Bodie and Brock Thoene in the A.D. Chronicles. Enjoy

PENIEL.
The face of God.
Adonai. Elohim. Yahweh.

The great I AM over all creation.
Come to earth as a helpless babe.
God Most High as One most human.

Who more human than a baby?
Helpless... Tiny... Precious...

The face of God becomes the face of man.
Innocence... Beauty... Glory...

God Most High in human flesh.

Who better to save a helpless race
than One who became helpless?
A helpless Savior? Yes.
Yet only because He chose helplessness.
He chose.

Chose to leave it all.
Power... Strength... Might...
Helpless.

To save us all.
But in His helplessness--everything.
Mercy... Love... Grace...

ALL.

Peniel.

Most awesome face of God became
Most helpless face of man.
To save.

No comments:

Post a Comment