Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Be a Warrior

Dear friends,

I just learned that March 21st is World Down Syndrome Day. In preparation for that day, I am joining with many others to become a "warrior" for a precious little one with Down's Syndrome. I would like to invite you to join me.

Here is how it works.

First, please visit Reece's Rainbow's At Risk Page and look for Andrey, the child I have chosen to be a warrior for this month.


(Isn't he adorable??? Yet he is at high risk for being institutionalized in Eastern Europe. Once that happens, the chances of him being adopted are extremely small. For the sake of his future... will you please do something?)


Once you find him, please donate $21 (for the date of World Down Syndrome Day OR any amount that is possible for you) to go towards his adoption.

I know for some of us, $21 is quite a bit of money. But I am reminded of something I heard Ryan Dobson say recently; how much money is a life worth? How can you put a price tag on this little one's life? With that in mind, please give as generously as you can.

Now it's YOUR turn to be a warrior.
Look through these pictures of precious children and choose one that you will fight for this month! Spread the word anyway you can and ask others to give $21 to bringing your child home. It's amazing... just by spending the last 20 or so minutes spreading the word about Andrey, I feel so connected to him; like I really am his voice to the world and his warrior. You can do the same for a little one.

Just so you know... Reece's Rainbow is a ministry that advocates for orphans with Down Syndrome. They collect grant money for specific children as well, in hopes of making the adoption expenses less of a burden on adopting their family. I have been aware of their ministry for some time and know they are worth supporting.

God bless you as you serve Him!

Love in Christ,
Brittany

P.S. Andrey currently has $240 towards his adoption. I am excited to see that amount grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment